AVC will strive to become a centre of excellence in training, research, outreach and consultancy services in veterinary sciences, animal husbandry, environmental and natural resource sciences in order to realize sustainable and secure livelihoods.
To pursue and maintain a world-class leadership role in quest for knowledge by way of quality research, capacity building, consultancy and innovative outreach in order to contribute to agricultural productivity for alleviating poverty and secure livelihood through sustainable natural resources management.
The College of Veterinary Sciences is guided by the following principles in order to achieve its vision;
- To impart quality veterinary education in the field of livestock health care and management, animal production sciences and technologies as per the standards laid down by Veterinary Council of India (VCI).
- To inculcate interest in livestock production as an industry in private sector and to develop entrepreneur skills for self employment.
- To Facilitate preventive, curative and rehabilitative animal health care with optimum livestock productivity and ensuring safety of human health.
- To build a strong biotechnological base for improved animal breeding practices, diagnostics, immunological and therapeutic control of diseases and to develop epidemiological based forecasting system for the benefit of livestock owners.
We are committed to:
- Integrity and Personal Accountability
- Openness and Trust
- Diversity in People and Ideas
- Change and Innovation
- Empathy and Compassion
- Work Efficiency
- Developing cometent human resources.